Happy Friday! We’re in the middle of October and that means it’s time for some favorites from September. This past month was very interesting for me because it went from trying on new makeup to keep using my favorite ones. Every month I try to buy new things. I could be makeup, clothing, trends, music, and things to do. Being my first monthly favorites on this blog, I will show you some of my current and most used products and my new favorites for this month. I promise you that for next month it will be new tries all the way. And my favorites for September are:
1. POREfessional Face Primer from Benefit: This primer is talked and used a lot and it didn’t take me long to try it out myself. It’s one of the best sellers from Benefit and surely is one of the best primers for my face. I have oily skin and with heat and humidity in Puerto Rico my face can sometimes look more oily than it is. This primer has been the miracle for my face to look flawless. The texture is very creamy, it’s transparent, and it just disappears on my face. It makes my pores and fine lines appearances go. I recommend this product for all of you whose face is oily. It’s a really good product.
2. Wet and Wild Highlight and Contour Duo in Caramel Toffee: For a long time I have been searching for a contour palette or/bronzer that works in my skin color. It’s been a difficult road trying to found a great color for bronzer that works for me but thanks to Wet and Wild I found one. This palette it’s awesome and not expensive. I use this palette on my daily basis as a everyday bronzer. It has a great pigment color, and it lasts practically all day. One of my friends also tried it and she’s in love with this palette.
3.Lash Sensational Mascara from Maybelline: My favorite eye makeup is definitely mascara. It’s something that even with the slightest makeup, mascara has to be in my makeup routine. This mascara I have been using it for like 3 to 4 months but it had to be included in this month favorites. My eyelashes are very short and putting eyelashes everyday it’s something I don’t look forward to. I like to try different mascaras from different brands to know which ones work best on my eyelashes. I have tried from drugstore brands to high end brand. The drugstore brands mascaras have worked better on me. This mascara gives my eyelashes length and curve. The bristle is one that works perfectly for short eyelashes. With only one coat my eyelashes has a full effect.
4. NYX Lip Lingerie in #10 Teddy: OH MY GOD! You don’t know how my I love this lipstick. To say the least, I have almost half of the collection at home. If you want to see my collection for the Lip Lingerie and a review on them, I did a post about that last week. My favorite shade is Teddy #10. It’s a dark pale lilac color. If you want a nude matte color, NYX Lip Lingerie is the one.
5. NYX Mineral Finishing Powder in Medium/Dark: As I said earlier, my face is very oily. Because of that I have to pick a foundation and powder that’s oil free and if it’s matte, even more perfect. This product is one that is tried for the first time this month. I have never tried a mineral powder but this one made me do it. One thing I like about this powder is that even though it’s a matte finishing powder, it has two shades: Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. Because of my skin color, the shade I use is Medium/Dark. This powder gives me a flawless finished face. I have to say, any makeup product that has different shades options for dark skin color, I’m going to buy them.
6. Alba Botanica, Aloe & Green Tea Oil-Free Moisturizer, 3 oz (85 g): I bought this product by coincidence shopping in TJ Maxx. From like 5 to 6 months I have been taking care of my face daily and with a regular routine. I like my face to be clean, without acne, pores, or shine. I always take a look at the beauty/skincare aisle and this time I saw this moisturizer. The product it’s a non greasy moisturizer that I used every morning and at night after washing my face. I use it before applying makeup and let it sit for a minute before applying makeup. It doesn’t have the greatest smell but it works on my face.
7. Chockers: Last but definetely not least, CHOCKERS! This trend at first didn’t drew my attention. Because I work at Charlotte Russe, chockers where everywhere. I could’t resist more and I bought one. Ever since, every time a chocker comes out new at the jewelry section, I buy it. They give a simple outfit and different look. Some people tells they make me look like a dog but I really don’t care. I work at a fashion store so is chockers is the trend I will wear it if I like it. The ones that I have been loving are the velvet ones who aren’t that big. The smallest the width the best.
Those are all my September Favorites. Every month I will do this kind of posts for you and it also helps me know which products I will keep using.
Until next time:)